A chocolate hazelnut spread based on gianduja, an Italian chocolate confection made with 50%% nut paste.
Other names: hazelnut spread
Translations: 花生酱, ヌテラ, Нутелла, נוטלה
Creamy, smooth, milk chocolate brown, and pasty.
Colors: milk chocolate brown
Flavors: sweet, nutty
Mouthfeel: Sweet, Thick, Chocolate, Nutty
Food complements: Pastry, Cream, Bananas, Crepes
Wine complements: Red wine, Cabernet savignon, Merlot, Zinfandel, White wine
Beverage complements: Milk, Brandy, Frangelica
Substitutes: Chocolate peanut butter, Dark chocolate dreams
Selecting and Buying
Choosing: Look for an unopened jar that has not expired.
Buying: Nutella is available at most grocers.
Procuring: You can make your own version by combining ground toasted hazelnuts, cocoa and sugar.
Preparation and Use
Nutella is best served simply brushed on toast or spooned into fresh crepes/
- Make Your Own Nutella
- Celebrate World Nutella Day on Feb. 5
- Nutella Releases Its Own Cookbook
- 5 Tons of Nutella Stolen in Germany
- Melt in Your Mouth Italian Chocolate and Hazelnut Cookies
- Chocolate & Hazelnut: A Gluten Free Match Made in Heaven
- Hazelnut Cake With Chocolate and Raspberries
- Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse
- Homemade Chocolate and Hazelnut Cream
- Almond Nut Butter