Jaggery is a natural sweetener made by concentrating sugarcane juice. It is a dark, coarse, unrefined sugar.
Jaggery is very popular in India and is made from sugar cane by a method similar to that used to make maple syrup. After pressing juice out of the cane, the sweet sap is boiled down while people help stir the thickening syrup.
The finished product has a distinctive taste and can have a consistency as soft as honey or as solid as fudge.
- Crispy Sesame Brittle Thins Or Til Ki Gajak
- Brown Sugar
- Splenda, Not So Sweet
- Oatmeal "Xocai Healthy Chocolate" Bars
- Peanut Brittle - Sing Dana Chikki !
- Karela Sabji - Bitter Gourd Stirfry !
- MAledi--Chapatti Ladoo
- Ukadiche Modak Recipe
- Gorgeous Gluten Free Brunch Cake for Mom
- Americans Eat 42 Pounds of Corn Syrup Annually