A fresh skimmed cows’ milk cheese made in the area of Acceglio in Piedmont. It is a summer cheese with a slightly tangy taste.
In production the raw milk is brought to about 18-20 degrees Celsius, adding natural sheeps' rennet (curdles the milk). After coagulation, the mass is placed in special stoves, after giving it a round shape. It ages for 2 to 3 days.
It is a rare product as it is not produced widely.
- 11 Best Sweet & Savory Crepes Recipes
- 10 Must-Try Stuffed Pepper Recipes
- 5 Ravioli Recipes You'll Rave About
- Homemade Fresh Polish Cheese
- DIY Goat Cheese
- Holy Cannoli! 5 Best Allergy-Friendly Recipes to Celebrate National Cannoli Day!
- Pasta With Marinara Sauce and Ricotta
- Fresh Ricotta
- Zucchini and Cauliflower Linguine