Halloumi Cheese- جبنه حلوم
Halloumi or haloumi is a traditional Cypriot cheese that is also popular in Greece, the Middle East and is now made around the world. It is made from a mixture of goat's and sheep milk, although some halloumi can contain cow's milk. It is soft in texture, has a high melting point, and can easily be fried or grilled.
The cheese is white and slightly rubbery. It has a very similar consistency to mozzerella.
Selecting and Buying
Preparation and Use
Commonly either grilled or fried and used as a compliment to meats.
Conserving and Storing
Should be stored in a cool dry place, a refrigerator is best.
- Farmer Cheese- جبنة المزارع - جبنه طريه
- Romano Cheese- جبنه رومي
- American Cheese- جبنه امريكيه
- Blue Cheese- جبنه معفنه, روكفور
- Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese- جبنة ريكوتا كاملة الدسم
- 10 Must-Try Stuffed Pepper Recipes
- Low Fat Cream Cheese- جبنه كريم قليلة الدسم
- Ackawi Cheese- جبنه عكاويه
- Arabic Cheese-Jibneh Arabieh Cheese- جبنه عربيه-
- Caraway Cheese- جبنه بالكراويه