Butterhead Lettuce is a variety of head lettuce that is characterised by a small, round loosely formed head and buttery-textured leaves. The outer leaves are usually pale green while the inner leaves can have a hint of yellow.
There are two types of Butterhead Lettuce, commonly known as Bibb and Boston Lettuce. The tender leaves of Butterhead Lettuce are sweet and juicy, making for an excellent addition to raw salads.
- Yugoslavian Red Butterhead Lettuce
- Spiced Turkey Lettuce Wraps with Green Apple and Butter Lettuce
- Grilled Romaine Lettuce
- Lamb’s Lettuce Salad With Mango and Avocado
- Bacon, Lettuce, Avocado and Fried Green Tomato Sandwiches
- Lettuce Wedges With Jalapeno Dressing & Gorgonzola Cheese
- Lettuce Wedge Salad
- Lettuce Roll-Ups
- Wood Violet and Miner's Lettuce Salad With Elderflower Vinaigrette and Fried Morels
- Salad Of Butter Lettuce With Bacon-Wrapped Cippolini Onions