Red Chili Pepper
Red chili peppers are vegetables that originated in the Americas and are used primarily in Mexican and South American cuisine, but also in India (known as lal mirchi red).
Red chili peppers are hotter than green chili peppers. They range from an orange shade to dark red. The flavor comes from the skin, the brighter the pepper the hotter it is. It ranges from 30,000-50,000 Scolville units (Jalapenos are 25,000-30,000). This can vary from year to year and region to region.
It is known to be pungent and have a strong biting taste.
- Indian Spicy Cumin Potatoes With Green Chili Tofu
- Meatless Monday: Spicy Potatoes and Green Chili Tofu
- Ghost Pepper Chili Flakes Spice Up Your Meal in a Pinch
- Food Recall: Bailey Farms Serrano Chili Peppers
- Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Red Chili Pepper and Lime Butter
- Chicken, Red Pepper, and White Bean Chili
- Fresh 'n' Spicy Super Healthy Quesadillas
- Spicy South Indian Chicken Biryani
- Baked Sweet and Spicy Peppers