Flaxseed comes from the fruit of a blue-flowered plant known as Flax. These seeds are small, brown and glossy and provide a rich source of omega-3 essential fatty acids, fiber and potassium. Flaxseed is also a good source of B Vitamins, protein and zinc; they are low in calories and saturated fats, and they contain no cholesterol.
Not only is Flaxseed a healthy choice, but it can also be used with a variety of foods. In its powdered form, it has an agreeable nutty flavor that can easily be mixed with water or any fruit or vegetable juice. It can also be added to baked goods, salads, soups, cereals, and yogurt for extra nutritional value.
- Flaxseed Muffins
- Flaxseed Bread
- Cranberry Flaxseed Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Whole Wheat & Ground Flaxseed Linguine With Carrot Ribbon Curls
- Healthy Breakfast Cinnamon Flaxseed Cookies
- Flaxseed Recipes for Hot Flashes
- Flaxseed Oil
- Whole-wheat Flaxseed and Fennel Crackers
- Crispbread with Flaxseed Meal