Taro Leaves and Stem is Toxic, resulting Itchiness or Swelling in the mouth (Swelling sometimes Occurs when you Have an Allerg reaction to the Plan, so don't Try this on if you have),
so it is boiled many times or for a long period to lessen or to dissolve the Toxicity of the plant, Just make sure to Boil and Drain Repeatedly, to be sure that the Toxic is Gone just try to put a tablespoon of the Water from the Boiled Taro leaves in the mouth and spit imediately and see if it itch a little, don't worry the itch will gone right away but if not Gargle Vinegar Imediately!
If this Bothers you I am 100 % Sure that it is Fail safe co'z I am cooking this Dish Since I was 10 years old. Chow on! ^_^
You can also add Hibe (Dried Shrimp) to add Flavor
Best served With Rice...