1 cup Unsweetened coconut flakes, * see note
1/2 cup Unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained & diced
3/4 cup Apple, peeled, cored and diced
1/4 cup Walnuts, choped
1/2 cup Unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained and diced
3 Extralarge eggs, or 6 whites
cup Plus 1 tsp. vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups Unsweetened apple juice, concentrate
3 teaspoons Cinnamon, be generous
2 cups Plus 2 Tbsp. flour
2 1/2 teaspoons Baking soda
3. Dice pineapple and measure out 1/2 cup, place in hand strainer over a small bowl and press lightly with a spoon to reduce moiture content. Set aside to drain.
4. Combine apple and coconut, add cinnamon and chopped nuts, stir in drained pineapple and mix well; set aside.
5. To Make Batter: Measure out a generous half cup, dice and drain as above; set aside.
7. Add drained pineapple and stir; then mix in cinnamon. Add flour a little at a time, stirring after each addition, and then beat well by hand for at least 2 minutes.
9. Using your hands, sprinkle topping over batter and then bake 28-29 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
10. Remove pan from oven and place on a wire rack until completely cooled.