A rich, dark, decadent and seriously intense hot chocolate the way we drink it in Barcelona, Spain.
2- 4 oz cups
HOT CHOCOLATE BARCELONA STYLE
- 5 tbsp good quality pure unsweetened cocoa powder (we like mixing 2 different brands to add complexity to the flavor. Here we used Droste and Lake Champlain unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 4 tbsp sugar
- ½ tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 cup water
- Organic whipping cream (optional)
1) Combine both cocoa powders, sugar and corn starch in a small bowl
2) Pour COLD water into a small sauce pan, add cocoa mixture and start cooking at medium low heat, stirring constantly.
3) Cook until it thickens and serve immediately in 2 small mugs.
4) Whip cream and add a dollop on top of the chocolate.
5) ENJOY! FROM MAY I HAVE THAT RECIPE