Everyone loves peanut butter cups, theirs just something about that magical combination of peanut butter and chocolate. Here's my recipe for making your own peanut butter cups easily at home.
40 - 60 cups depending on size
1 (18 oz) jar of peanut butter
2 (12 oz) bags of bitter sweet chocolate
1 & 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 Tbsp kosher salt
40 - 60 small paper cups
1) Combine the peanut butter and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl. This will make the peanut butter pliable but not sticky.
2) Form the peanut butter into small disks that will fit into the cups and leave a little room on either side.
3) Place the cups on a tray and the peanut butter disks in the cups
4) To melt the chocolate place it in a glass microwave safe bowl (preferably one that is easy to pour out of). Microwave on between 10% and 20% power for 30 seconds at a time. Give the chocolate a stir between each run in the microwave. Heat just enough to where it melts when stirred not in the microwave. This will allow the chocolate to melt but not burn.
5) Stir the kosher salt into the chocolate (this helps counter balance all the sweetness and bring out the chocolate and peanut butter flavors in the dish a little more).
6) Pour the chocolate carefully into each cup till it covers the peanut butter completely. If the chocolate starts to harden give it another 30 seconds in the microwave.
7) place the cups in the refrigerator for 1 hour to let them cool and harden completely.