Last Year I made this cute Bunny Cake for Easter! :)
It was made of a soft sponge cake, with chocolate, coffee- and vanilla cream. :)
The horrifying moment is when You cut her up, to have slices.
"Who would like the ears?" ... :D
6 eggs (separated)
150 g = 0.6 cup of granulated sugar
+ 1 tbsp of granulated sugar
2 tbsp of vanilla flavor
2 dl = 0.8 cup of milk
300 g = 1.2 cup of flour
0,5 dl = 1/5 cup of oil
1 tbsp of baking powder
1 tbsp of baking soda
one bar of dark chocolate
2 tbsp of milk
1 package of vanilla pudding powder
4 dl = 1.6 cup of milk
4 tbsp of granulated sugar
50 - 50g = 0.2 - 0.2 cup of margarine
1 - 1tbsp of granulated sugar
3 tbsp of coffee liquor (children friendly edition: 3 tbsp of cocoa/cinnamon)
40 g = 2 tbsp of desiccated coconut
1 teaspoon of orrange food colour or reddish flavor (pear)
decoration: desiccated coconut , chocolate, chocolate dragees
1. Separate the egg whites, and whisk a foam of them, with 1 tbsp of sugar.
2. Add 150 grams of sugar to the yolks too, mix them.
3. Add to it the vanilla flavor, 2 dl of milk, 0,5 dl of oil, 1 tbsp of baking powder, and the same quantity of baking soda, and the flour. Mix them, then finally, add the foam to it to, gently.
4. Melt the chocolate in the microwave oven for about 2 minutes on 350 W. Then melt 4 tbsp of milk in there too, then mix it with the chocolate.
5. Oil a baking tray with a little margarine/butter and a little flour.
7. Pour half of the batter into the tray.
8. Spoon some melted chocolate here and there.
9. Then cover it with the other half of the batter.
10. Bake it for an hour, till it's ready. (150 C)
11. During that time, we make the creams. Whisk 50 g margarine with 1 tablespoon of sugar. Make it again.
12. Cook a vanilla pudding , from 4 dl milk, 4 tbsp of sugar and of course use a package of vanilla pudding powder.
13. When it cooled a bit, separate it into two, and pour them to the margarine-bowls.
14. Add some coconut to one of them, and mix it. Take out 3 tbsp of it to a little bowl, and colour it with food colour (orange) , or with pear flavor.
15. Add coffee liquor, or cocoa/cinnamon to the other half of the pudding.
16. When the sponge is ready, cut it horizontally (to be able to fill it), and then cut it up like this. (in the picture) See on my blog.
17. Fill each with the brown cream.
18. Then prepare our bunny. Firstly, the bigger rectangle will be the body of the bunny. Oil some vanilla-coconut cream on it, and on the sides, too.
19. Then put the second-biggest rectangle next to it, it will be the head of the bunny. Oil it with the vanilla cream, too
20. Place the ears, too, use a little cream as glue. You only have to oil it with vanilla cream on the sides.
21. With the reddish cream, make the bunny face (two circles), and the middle of the ears. You can use a fork to lubricate.
22. Then You place the legs, and the little tail, too, and lubricate them with vanilla cream, too. The coconut in the cream helps, to make it look like more hairy. :)
23. Finally decorate its face with dragees. (but if You use coloured dragees,like I did, take care, to place them just before you serve it. Unless, it will colour her beautiful face, in a way you don't want to. :) )