All Purpose Barbecue Sauce
1 lrg Onion, quartered
1 medium Green Pepper, quartered
1 cup Water
1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 cup Catsup
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 stk Butter
8 ounces Tomato Paste
1 teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
1 cup Mushrooms, Coarsely Chopped
3 tablespoons Liquid Smoke Flavoring
1 1/2 tablespoons Caraway Seeds
3/4 teaspoon Tabasco Sauce
3 tablespoons Brown Sugar
2 1/4 teaspoons Fresh Ground Pepper
1 teaspoon Salt, More If Needed
1 quart Yield
1. In a non-aluminum saucepan melt butter for mushrooms, add mushrooms and cook until tender about 8-10 minutes, they should not be completely cooked.
2. Set aside.
3. Using food processor with metal blade: While processor is running, add garlic cloves one at a time, and keep running until garlic sticks to side of processor bowl, stop processor.
4. Add quartered onion, and process until pieces are about 1/4 inch in size, remove.
5. Add quartered green pepper, and chop to same size as onions.
8. Adjust salt
9. During the cooking time you may want to cook covered or uncovered, depending upon desired thickness of the sauce.