Peruvian Roast Chicken
1 3-4 lb. whole chicken
4 garlic cloves, chopped
juice of 1/2 lemon
3 tablespoons white vinegar or red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
3 tablespoons canola or olive oil
2 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon turmeric
1. Mix together the marinade ingredients.
2. Place the whole chicken into a large (about 2 gallon size) ziploc bag and pour in the marinade.
3. Spread the marinade so that it covers all the chicken.
4. Marinade overnight.
5. Take the chicken out of the fridge about 30-45 minutes before you roast it, so it comes closer to room temperature. This helps the chicken become more moist and cooked evenly.
6. Preheat the oven to 450F.
7. Remove the chicken from the marinate and brush off any garlic so it will not burn.
8. Lay the chicken breast side up in a roasting pan or cast iron skillet.
9. Truss the chicken. This keeps the juices in during the roasting and makes the meat more tender.
10. Roast 45-55 minutes.
11. Let rest 5 minutes before carving.