Dairy-Free Tomato Soup with Cumin and Red Pepper Chili
2 Large Sweet Onions (10oz), large dice
4 Garlic Cloves, chopped
2 Pinches Red Pepper Chili Flakes, toasted
1T Cumin Seeds, toasted
1 28oz Can Organic Fire Roasted Tomatoes
4 Large Tomatoes, diced
3C Low Sodium Vegetable Stock
2T Unsalted Organic Butter
1T Rice Wine Vinegar
1. In a large soup pot over a medium low flame sweat the onions until translucent (5-7 minutes).
2. Add the garlic, cumin and chili pepper and saute until fragrant (1-3 min) over a medium flame.
3. Add the fresh tomatoes and canned fire roasted tomatoes and saute until the tomatoes are soft (10 min) and season with salt.
4. Add the stock and allow the soup to simmer for (20-25 min) partially covered.
5. Once the soup is cool enough to handle, blend in the blender with the butter and then return to the pot.
Stir in Rice Wine Vinegar and finish with salt and pepper to taste.
A Cream free Tomato Soup with Cumin Seeds and Red Pepper Chili Flakes. Gluten and dairy free and can be made vegan or vegetarian.
Tomato Soup, Vegetarian Tomato Soup
Monday, February 8, 2016 - 3:14pm