Chicken with Cherry Tomato Heavy Cream Sauce
2 chicken breasts, halved (you should end up with 4 thin pieces)
1/2-3/4 cup panko crumbs
salt, pepper to taste
2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika (I used Hungarian paprika)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
12 oz cherry tomatoes
3-4 tablespoons heavy cream
fresh parsley, chopped to garnish
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dip each piece into panko, patting the crumbs down so they stick well.
2. In a bowl combine butter, garlic oregano and paprika. Mix until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Over medium-high heat add 1 tablespoon butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add chicken, in a single layer and cook until lightly browned on each side (3-5 minutes per side). Remove chicken from skillet and loosely cover with aluminum foil.
4. Add onion to the pan and cook until translucent, a few minutes. Remove.
5. Increase heat to high and add tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes are slightly charred, add remaining butter, and then using a spoon lightly push down on the tomatoes to release the juices.
6. Reduce heat to medium-low, add heavy cream to pan, stirring to incorporate tomatoes. Cook for 1-2 minutes more.
7. To serve slice chicken breasts, top with tomato cream sauce and fresh chopped parsley.