1. Pre-heat oven to 200C
2. Rub chicken with olive oil and lemon juice. Cut a garlic clove in half and rub the open end all over the chicken. In a small bowl mix the paprika, crushed chilli, thyme, salt and pepper. Rub this mixture into the chicken.
3. If injecting your chicken with marinade do this now. Mix all ingredient together until smooth so nothing clogs the injector. Inject into various points of the flesh.
4.. To prepare for the oven. Open the can of beer and pour out 1/3 of the beer (better, drink it!). Place the beer can on a roasting tray and gently place the chicken on top of the can as far down as you can go.
5.. Place chicken in the oven standing up and roast for approx. 25 minutes on 200C, then turn down to 180C and roast a further 25 minutes. (Depending on what type of oven you have you may need to adjust these times, and check on the progress of the bird as you go.) In the final 20 minutes of roasting add your garlic bulb to the roasting pan.
6. For the vegetables. Rub pepper in oil and place on some foil in the oven along with the chicken for approx. 15 – 20 minutes until soft and charred and skin is peeling off. When ready remove from oven, peel off skin and slice into strips.
7. Boil or steam green beans.
8. Boil, then char the corn in a griddle pan. When ready take a knife and from the top to the bottom cut off the corn kernels, slicing downwards. At this point you could also add your strips of red pepper and beans to the griddle pan to add some charred stripes. slicing downwards.
7.. To plate the dish. Mix the pepper, beans and corn in a bowl with some olive oil, a squeeze of lemon juice, chopped coriander and salt and pepper. Serve this along with pieces of the paprika beer can chicken.