• Chop the garlic, ginger and one onion into medium sized pieces.
• Add it into the blender and mix it until it is a coarse smooth paste.
• Put 4 – 5 TBS of oil in a hot pan and add the paste.
• Put the peppercorns, cardamoms and cloves as well.
• If you want, you can chop the cinnamon sticks and put them in as well.
• Add the turmeric powder and paprika. Mix well.
• Slice the onions. Add some more oil to the pan while keeping it on high heat.
• Add the chopped onions into the oil as it heats up.
• Add chopped fresh chilli. Mix well.
• Partially cover it for 4 minutes and let it cook. At 3 minutes, uncover it.
• Add half of your Garam Masala and add the whole can of chopped tomatoes.
• Mix it well and leave it to cook for about 6 minutes.
• Add the cinnamon powder, Garam Masala and the chicken legs.
• Add about 2 TS of sugar and 2 TS of salt (according to your taste).
• Mix it really well so that the chicken is evenly coated.
• Cover it and leave it for about 15 – 20 minutes.
• Add ½ cup of boiling water and then cover it for about 10 – 12 minutes.
• Garnish it with some chopped coriander and serve it with hot rice.