Easy Slow Cooker Artichoke Garlic Chicken
1 Red Bell Pepper- diced
1 Medium Onion- Cut into wedges
6 Garlic Cloves, Peeled and smashed
1 tsp. Fresh Rosemary- minced
1 tsp. Quick Cooking Tapioca
½ tsp. Lemon Zest
¼ Cup Low Sodium Fat-Free Chicken Broth
1 ½Lbs. Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs (I used 4-and had no left overs)
1 14 oz Can Cut Artichoke Hearts- Drained
1 tsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 servings Rigatoni Pasta
Chop, mince and dice all veggies & spices.
• Combine bell pepper, onion, garlic, tapioca, rosemary, lemon zest, artichokes, chicken thighs, salt and pepper in crockpot.
• Pour broth and lemon juice over mixture.
• Cover and cook on low for 5 hours- You really don’t need to check on this but every once and a while maybe give it a little stir.
• Once chicken is cooked through, cook pasta.
• Serve over pasta top with fresh shaved parmesan
This is my first attempt at a recipe from Skinny Slow Cooker Magazine. It turned out pretty good; Scott really doesn’t like artichokes but he was more than happy with this dinner. It was flavorful and not full of fat!
Easy Crockpot Artichoke Garlic Chicken
February 18, 2012