Easy Slow Cooker Artichoke Garlic Chicken
1 Red Bell Pepper- diced
1 Medium Onion- Cut into wedges
6 Garlic Cloves, Peeled and smashed
1 tsp. Fresh Rosemary- minced
1 tsp. Quick Cooking Tapioca
½ tsp. Lemon Zest
¼ Cup Low Sodium Fat-Free Chicken Broth
1 ½Lbs. Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs (I used 4-and had no left overs)
1 14 oz Can Cut Artichoke Hearts- Drained
1 tsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 servings Rigatoni Pasta
Chop, mince and dice all veggies & spices.
• Combine bell pepper, onion, garlic, tapioca, rosemary, lemon zest, artichokes, chicken thighs, salt and pepper in crockpot.
• Pour broth and lemon juice over mixture.
• Cover and cook on low for 5 hours- You really don’t need to check on this but every once and a while maybe give it a little stir.
• Once chicken is cooked through, cook pasta.
• Serve over pasta top with fresh shaved parmesan
This is my first attempt at a recipe from Skinny Slow Cooker Magazine. It turned out pretty good; Scott really doesn’t like artichokes but he was more than happy with this dinner. It was flavorful and not full of fat!
Easy Crockpot Artichoke Garlic Chicken
Saturday, February 18, 2012 - 4:37am