Chicken Farfalle with Low-Fat Alfredo Sauce
– 4 chicken breasts, cooked and diced into bite-size pieces
– 1 lb. farfalle pasta
– 1 1/2 tbs. butter
– 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
– 1 1/2 cups, skim milk
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
– 1/3 cup white wine
– 1 lemon, juiced
– 1 tsp. salt
– 1/2 tsp. black pepper
– Parmesan cheese
1. Cook chicken breasts (I sauteed mine with a little olive oil and salt and pepper) and set aside. Cook pasta while cooking the chicken and set aside.
2. In a sauce pan, melt butter. Add flour and stir in with butter, cook for 1 minute. Whisk in milk, salt and pepper, garlic powder, lemon juice, and wine. Bring to a boil, constantly whisking. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 more minutes. Sauce should thicken.
3. In a large saute pan, add pasta, chicken, and any other desired additions. Heat pan on medium heat. Add alfredo sauce and toss with pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and additional salt and pepper (if needed) and serve!
Notes: This recipe made more sauce than I really needed, but I liked having extra. This way, you can add as much sauce as you prefer!