Brandy Snap Baskets
1. Make the mixture the day before you need it. The snaps are thinner and crisper if the mixture is at least a day old.
3. Sieve together the flour and ginger.
6. Chill in refrigerator until ready to use.
7. Preheat oven to 160 c / Gas Mark 3.
9. Place walnut sized pieces onto the trays and spread out into circles with your fingertips. Don't attempt more than 2 per tray.
10. Bake in a preheated oven for 5 - 7 minutes until golden and set.
11. Remove from oven and leave to settle for a minute or so. The snaps will have a lacy surface.
Repeat until you have used up the mixture.
13. Store in an airtight tin until needed.