Garlic Shrimp Recipe
600gr / 1.3lb Black tiger prawns (or other large juicy good quality shrimp/prawns) peeled, de-veined.
1 x tbsp of olive oil
6 x large garlic cloves sliced thinly
1 x shallot chopped finely
The leaves of 3 or 4 stalks of flat parsley chopped very finely
1 x tsp of course sea salt (more if you want)
Juice of one lemon
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the oil on a high heat and add the shallots, allow them to cook for about 30 seconds.
2. Add the garlic and cook for a further 30 seconds.
3. Add the prawns, cook for about one minute on each side. They are cooked when they turn from black/grey to pink. To make sure they are cooked through, you can either eat one (my preferred way to check!) or check the thickest part, the back area to make sure the pink colour goes all the way through.
4. Squeeze the lemon juice into the pan to deglaze, mix through.
5. Add the parsley, salt and pepper. Check for seasoning and serve straight away.
Tips and Variations
• You can add some fresh chili or some dried chili flakes if you want a bit of spice.
• Serve with pasta (I like spaghetti, spaghettini, linguini or fettuccine – as long as it’s a good quality pasta)
• Goes well with rice too.