Zucchini-Oat & Raisin Bread
* 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
* 1 cup rolled oats
* 1 cup brown sugar (if you want a sweeter bread: add up to 1 1/2 cups)
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 3 eggs
* 1 cup applesauce
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 2 cups shredded, unpeeled zucchini
* 1 cup chopped walnuts
* 3/4 cup raisins
* Preheat oven to 350F.
* In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
* In a bowl with a mixer, whip eggs on medium speed until foamy (about 2 minutes).
* Mix the remaining wet ingredients in with the egg.
* Gradually add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, until just combined.
* Stir in the zucchini, walnuts, and raisins.
* Pour mixture into a greased loaf pan.
* Bake for about 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
* Cool in pan for about 10 minutes, and then let cool completely on wire rack.
* And you're ready for some more dense, moist, and delicious bread!