Orange You Glad You Eat Broccoli (Salad)?
Valentine's Day Special: Stamping with a Cork and Broccoli Salad Recipe
Let's face it, crafts rock. They can cheer up the gloomiest day. Even the smallest accomplishment can give you a boost when you're feeling low. Or in my case, when you're living through a historic snowfall!
Today I dipped into my basket of recycling supplies and pulled out a champagne cork. I'd wanted to carve them into my own stamps for a while and today was the day!
1. Create a simple template. I used a heart punch. You don't want to get complex!
2. Glue that to the flat edge of your stamp.
3. Use a craft knife and carefully peel away the excess cork. I found it worked best to slice into the outline of the image and then sort of flick away at the cork, pushing the excess AWAY from the design.
4. Sand the flat surface with an emery board or piece of sandpaper.
5. Test your image. You'll see if you need to remove more cork or clean up an edge.
6. Enjoy! I made the hearts that the pandas are holding, and the hearts on the index cards.
Now for the Broccoli Salad: