Cherry Upside-Down Cake (Extremely Easy to Make!)
For the pan
40-45 cherries, pitted
Butter and sugar for the pan
For the Cake
¾ cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla sugar
2 regular eggs, lightly bitten
½ cup light milk
2¼ all purpose flour, sifted
2 tsp baking powder
1. Coat a rectangular pan with butter; sprinkle with sugar and cover the bottom of the pan with cherries.
2. Preheat oven to 170ºC.
3. Melt the butter, sugar and vanilla in a medium sized saucepan. Remove from heat.
4. Add eggs and milk; mix well.
5. Stir in flour and baking powder and mix lightly.
6. Bake for approximately 40 minutes.
This is an extremely easy recipe to make. It is basically a vanilla cake with fruits. You can substitute cherries with any other fruit that you like. It is perfect with an ice tea, or a hot cup of coffee!!
June 30, 2013