Fool Proof Chocolate Bundt Cake With Fudge Frosting
I've had this recipe since we first got married. It came from one of my SIL's and it is one of my three (no, four if you count the spinach herb twists, which I don't usually use a mix, but whatev) box mix approved recipes. Number one was Spinach Herb Twists. Dos: Simple Lemon Almond Poppy Seed Cake. This recipe is big number three. After this, I only have one more box mix approved recipe to share with you. I know how you LOVE mix recipes. Seriously. So pay attention.
Tops 10 reasons I love this cake, why you will love it and why grown men, women and children have been known to literally aka "lih-rehlee" beg me to make this for them:
1. Suuper easy.
2. Super high fat. Not really a reason why I love it, but face it, the reason it tastes so good.
3. Super yummy/moist.
4. No fail recipe.
5. Doesn't matter how many times you make it, peeps always eat it all up.
6. Travels well, sliced or unsliced.
7. Usually have all of the ingredients on hand.
8. Mixed, baked and frosted in about 1 1/2 hours. Most of this time is baking/cooling time.
9. Great all purpose party/gathering cake: farewell, homecoming, shower, funeral.
10. Who doesn't love a BUNDT.
-*When baking a cake in a Bundt pan, it took me a LONG time to figure this out: Generously grease the pan- key word generously. I use PAM, a cooking spray. Any type of cooking spray, or brushing the pan with oil will work as well. I don't use solid shortening bc it may leave a white film on the baked goods after they cool.
-This recipe works with any combo of: choc cake/choc pudding, choc cake/vanilla pudding, yellow cake/choc pudding.
-Works with low fat sour cream, but better texture with regular sour cream.
-Can make this in two 9 inch loaf pans. Start checking for doneness at the 45 min mark. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment or wax paper, grease paper.
-Great w or w/o the frosting.