Wholemeal Cranberry With Multi-Grain Loaf
110g Bread Flour
*30g Extra Bread Flour, set aside for kneading
100g Wholemeal Flour
5g Instant Yeast
30g Caster Sugar
30ml Beaten Egg
70ml Fresh Milk
25g Unsalted Butter, soften
60g Chopped Dried Cranberry And Raisin
1 Tablespoon Multi-grain Toppings
1. Combine all dry ingredients such as flour, milk powder, sugar and instant yeast in a bowl and mixed well.
2. Make a well in the center stir in wet ingredients such tangzhong, mashed pumpkin and cold milk till it form a sticky dough before mixing in the soft butter till well combined.
3. Next turn the sticky dough out on to lightly floured surface. Stretch the dough by pushing the front half away with one hand, knead and constantly dust with the extra bread flour that is set aside.
4. Fold the stretched part of the dough back on itself, give it a quarter turn and repeat for 15 - 20 minutes, until the dough has been turned full circle several times and is a smooth and elastic ball. (Knead until stretchable and pass the window panel consistency)
5. Place the kneaded dough back into the lightly floured mixing bowl and leave it in a warm place to prove for about 45 minutes to an hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
6. Test your proofed dough by pushing your floured finger deep into the risen dough whereby it will leave an indentation that does not spring back.
7. Punch the risen dough with your fist to deflate it, re-shape the dough into oblong shape and divide it into 4 equal portion(about 115g each) and let it rest for 10 minutes.
8. Roll each portion of the doughs into an rectangle shape about 15cm x 5cm, scatter each dough with some chopped cranberry and raisin roll the flatten dough towards your direction starting from top down.
9. With the seal side facing up, flatten and into another rectangle then roll dough towards your direction starting from top down again. With seal side facig down, place dough in grease loaf tin for 2nd round of proofing (around 45 - 60 minutes) or until double in size.
10. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the remaining 3 doughs.
11. Brush final dough with egg wash and scatter evenly with multi-grain and bake in pre-heated 180 degree oven for about 25 minutes.
12. Remove loaf IMMEDIATELY from the pan and leave to cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting.