2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
7 curry leaves
¼ cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
¼ cup raw peanuts (with skin)
¼ cup cashew nuts (unsalted)
1 cup yellow onions (chopped)
1 tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp chili powder
1 ½ tsp salt
3 cups barley (cooked)
1 ½ tsp lemon juice
1. Heat oil in a wok/skillet in a medium flame.
2. Add mustard seeds. As soon as it starts to splutter add curry leaves, cilantro, peanuts, cashew nuts and sauté well.
3. When the cashew nuts and peanuts start browning add onions and sauté until translucent.
4. Add turmeric powder, chili powder and salt and again mix well so that the spices are well blended.
5. Add barley and mix properly. Cover and cook for few minutes.
6. Lastly add lemon juice. Mix properly. Simmer, cover and cook for 2 minutes.
7. Garnish with more cilantro and serve hot.