Technique: How to Rescue a Soup From Too Much Salt
Cut and cube a peeled potato and drop it into the soup, stew or casserole. The potato will absorb the excess salt and leave your dish tasting normal and not salty. You can add a pinch of sugar, honey or agave to counteract any lingering flavor.
Remove the potato before serving.
Related Tools & Techniques
- How do I get too much salt out of a sauce
- I added too much salt to my Lobster Bisque, can I reverse it?
- Technique: Pick Over
- Technique: Hot Salt Frying
- Technique: Salt Curing
- Technique: Salting
- Technique: Baking In Salt Crust
- Technique: Salt Broiling
- Technique: remove enamel from stove burner
- Superman Pizza Will Rescue You From Hunger