Technique: Whipping Cream
The purpose of whipping cream is to incorporate air into cream to give it structure. Often used for dessert toppings.
To make whipping cream like a pro:
1. Make sure the cream is at least 1 day old.
2. Thoroughly chill the cream and equipment.
3. Using a whisk or whisk attachment (if using a machine), whip at medium speed.
4. Sift in sweetener slowly (if using) as you whip.
5. Stop whipping when the cream forms a peak that holds shape. Over-whipping will cause the cream to collapse.
6. Keep the cream slightly under-whipped if incorporating into other ingredients.
7. Fold in flavoring after the cream is whipped.