Technique: Perfect Scrambled Eggs
The trick to creating perfect scrambled eggs is to cook them slowly in a double boiler over low simmering water. The result are rich and creamy eggs that are more custard-like than dry. This technique takes patience, but it is well worth the wait!
Add 2 cups of water to a double boiler and bring the water to a simmer. Or add 2 cups of water to a sauce pan and bring to a low simmer.
Place a non-stick saute pan or mixing bowl over the pan of water so that the pan or bowl rests slightly inside but not directly in contact with the water.
Beat 4 eggs in another bowl, add a pinch of salt and pepper.
Next, add a teaspoon of butter to the top pan or bowl and let it melt over the simmering pan of water. Pour in the beaten eggs and stir slowly with a whisk or wooden spoon. Stir until eggs are no longer runny, but not dried out.
Related Tools & Techniques
- How to Make Perfect Scrambled Eggs
- Perfect Goat Cheese Scrambled Eggs With Basil Pesto Toast
- 2-Minute Scrambled Eggs
- Technique: Scrambling
- Scrumptious Breakfast: Asian Soft Scrambled Eggs
- Must-Make Scrambled Egg-Stuffed Poblano Chiles With Spicy Cheese Sauce
- Scrambled Egg and Ham Breakfast Buns
- Wylie Dufresne Shares Scrambled Egg Secrets in OCTV Food Segment
- How to Make the Perfect Poached Egg
- Savory Strata - The Perfect Christmas Breakfast