Five recovering drug addicts died and dozens more were injured from tainted soy sausage served as Christmas dinner at a rehabilitation facility in Western Mexico. Investigators now hope to determine whether the poisoning was intentional or accidental. Drug cartels have gained greater access to rehab facilities over the last year.
Close to forty people remain hospitalized, including three in serious condition. The incident is unfortunately similar to a tainted liquor outbreak in India that killed hundreds.