60 People Poisoned in Denver Homeless Shelter

July 23, 2012

In what has been called the largest U.S. homeless shelter food poisoning outbreak in 10 years, people who ate at a Denver, Co. homeless shelter Sunday night, were stricken with food poisoning. 

The people had eaten a turkey dinner at the Denver Rescue Mission, and soon started to feel ill. In all, 60 people were transported to two hospitals, and 7 have been released and returned to the shelter. . It is not clear exactly what food caused the outbreak. 

Image Sources: