Carrot cake is pretty great, and so is jam, but what happens when you mix the two together? You get this amazing-looking Carrot Cake Jam from Nutmeg Nanny. This recipe mixes the flavors of carrots, pear and pineapple to make for a blissfully sweet spread. The Nutmeg Nanny used dark brown sugar for her recipe, but it seems that light brown sugar will work just as well. Pair with a bit of cream cheese on toast, and enjoy!
Carrot Cake Jam
- 2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1 cup finely chopped and pealed pear
- 1 15 ounce can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1.75 ounce package regular powdered fruit pectin
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut or raisin (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla
Check out the rest of this recipe here.