My Amish Friendship Bread
The idea of an Amish Friendship Bread is that you make the Starter (rising agent), and share the recipe + starter with 3 of your friends so they can bake the same bread i.e. friendship through food
Alternative recipe ideas;
1) Substitute 1c whole wheat flour instead of the white wheat flour
2) Use 1c applesauce instead of oil and applesauce
3) Use 1c oil instead of oil and applesauce.
4) Instead of nuts, use raisins, chopped dried apricots, fresh berries, chocolate chips etc.
Some pudding + texture combination that work well;
- Chocolate pudding + nuts, chocolate chips, or peanut butter chips
- Pistachio pudding + nuts or chocolate chips
- Butterscotch pudding + nuts or butterscotch chips
- My Favorite is Vanilla pudding with 1/3 cup raspberries, 1/3 cup blueberries, 1/3 cup blackberries
- You can also vary the spices i.e. nutmeg, grated citrus peel, etc.