Ginger hard apple cider is a festive holiday punch. Ginger flavored liquor is combined with bourbon and hard apple cider. The recipe calls for aromatic bitters, I suggest using a fruity flavor like bitter orange. To keep the punch cold, nestle it in a bed of ice or freeze slices of fruit to act as ice cubes. This punch will definitely be a hit at your holiday party.
Ginger Hard Apple Cider
1/2 cup bourbon or brandy
3/4 cup ginger-flavored liqueur
1/4 cup clear orange-flavored liqueur
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
Several dashes aromatic bitters
4 bottles (12 oz each) hard apple cider, chilled
Ice chunks or ice cubes, if desired
Red apple slices
- In pitcher or punch bowl, mix bourbon, liqueurs, maple syrup and bitters. Slowly add hard cider.
- Carefully add ice. Garnish with apple slices.
Makes 12 servings (2/3 cup each)
Recipe Courtesy of Betty Crocker
- Thirsty Thursdays: Apple Cider Sangria
- Thirsty Thursday: Spiced Cider Cocktail
- Thirsty Thursdays: Hot Buttered Rum Cider
- Thirsty Thursdays: 3 Apple Cocktails
- Thirsty Thursdays: Ginger Lime Cooler
- Thirsty Thursday: 3 More Must Try Apple Cocktails
- Thirsty Thursdays: Ginger Shandy
- Thirsty Thursdays: Hibiscus Punch with Apple and Lemon
- Thirsty Thursday: 5 Best Gluten Free Summer Cocktails
- Thirsty Thursday: Sangria Poptails 5 Ways