The seeds of the flax plant, valued for their high concentration of lignans and Omega-3 fatty acids, which have anti-cancer properties. Their taste is earthy and nutty. Ground flax seeds are also used as egg replacers in baked goods.
Selecting and Buying
Preparation and Use
To replace on egg, whisk 1 tablespoon flax seeds, grounded, with 3 tablespoons water until gelatinous.
- Vegan Cinnamon Flax Oatmeal
- Peanut Butter Cookies with Flax Seeds and Chocolate
- Seedy Crunch Bites
- 10 Essential Spices for Indian Cooking
- Banana-Flax Breakfast Muffins
- Flax Seed Bread
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies With Flax
- Ultra-Moist Vegan Pumpkin Flax-Bread
- Whole Wheat, Bran, Oatmeal, Flax Pancakes
- Flax Banana Bread