Technique: Deep Frying
This method or technique is very popular in the Fast Food industry. The food to be cooked must be fully submerged in hot fat. Good quality deep-fried foods can be characterized by an attractive golden brown color, crisp surface or coating and little fat absorption or moisture loss.
For best results foods such as chicken should first be breaded or dipped in batter before frying. This coating protects the food as it cooks and results in a nice crispness, golden color and flavor.
Related Tools & Techniques
- Technique: How To Brine and Roast A Turkey
- Technique: Pan Frying
- Technique: Hot Salt Frying
- Technique: Frying
- Technique: Stir Frying
- what is the best substitute for peanut oil for deep frying a turkey
- Our Guide To Deep Frying A Turkey
- Fried Fair Fare Finalists Announced for 2011 Big Tex Choice Awards: Fried Bubblegum, Walking Taco, Deep Fried Salsa and More
- Technique: Hot Sand Frying
- Deep Fried Strawberries