Technique: Biscuit Method
A mixing method used for biscuits, scones and similar products.
Guidelines for mixing using the biscuit method:
1. Measure out ingredients.
2. Sift to combine the dry ingredients.
3. Cut in fat/shortening until the mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
4. Mix together the liquid ingredients.
5. Add the liquid to the dry ingredients, mix until the dough is just formed.
6. Pat and knead (if desired) the dough into one cohesive mass.
-If you want a flakier biscuit, use more shortening and cut it into the flour mixture more coarsely.
-Kneading produces a less tender biscuit with less crust.
Related Tools & Techniques
- Technique: Sponge Method
- Technique: Straight Dough Method
- Technique: Sponge Method For Cookies
- Technique: One-Stage Method For Cookies
- Technique: Muffin Method
- Technique: How To Line A Square Cake Tin (A Step By Step Tutorial)
- Technique: Blind Baking Crusts
- Technique: Beating
- Technique: Punching
- Technique: Baking In Leaves