If you're like me, baking cupcakes can be an anxiety inducing affair. I never know if my cupcakes are going to become round mounds of cakey goodness, or fall falt and sulk in their little liners. Frosting can only fix so much before you end up with a mound of whipped sugar that's taller than your cupcake! Here's an amazing Vanilla Bean Buttercream Dream Frosting by way of the lovely Kelly Neil, a quick and easy demo for creating perfectly mounded cupcakes every time and Ina Garten's Coconut Cupcake Recipe - wowza!
Perfect Buttercream Frosting
Read the full tutorial from Kelly Neil here.
2 cups unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
1 lb icing sugar, sifted
1 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp salt
Mix all ingredients, but take care to not over mix. For a firmer texture you may use shortening instead of butter.
- How to Recipe: Oreo Cupcakes with Oreo Buttercream
- St. Patty's Guinness Cake with Bailey's Buttercream
- 5 Greatest Gluten Free Cornbread Recipes
- How-To Recipe: Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- How to Make Buttercream Roses on Cupcakes
- Coke Float Cupcakes with Soda Buttercream Frosting
- Unbeatable Chocolate Cake with Pistachio Buttercream
- Dark Chocolate Guinness Cake With Baileys Buttercream From Food Memoir "Life From Scratch"
- Lovely Lemon Meringue Pie in a Jar
- New Year’s Champagne Cupcakes with Bubbly Buttercream
- Lemon Meringue Cupcakes
- Meringue Buttercream
- Chocolate Cupcakes With Buttercream Frosting ^^
- Swiss Meringue Buttercream Frosting
- Chocolate Cake With Blackberry Buttercream
- S'mores Cupcakes With Buttercream Frosting
- Chocolate Cupcakes With Buttercream Frosting
- Best Buttercream Frosting
- Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes
- Mint Meringue Cookies