Just like the Kentucky Derby, Bulleit Bourbon is a staple of the South. Get your julep cups ready to mix up some down home bourbonlicious concoctions for the Great American Race this May 3rd and 4th. Try this Mint Julep recipe featuring Bulleit Rye.
The Bulleit Rye Mint Julep
1.5 oz. Bulleit Rye
2 oz. Stirrings Simple Syrup
Fresh mint leaves
Muddle mint leaves, Stirrings Simple Syrup and crushed ice in rocks glass.
Add Bulleit Rye and fill glass with ice.
Pour into cocktail shaker, shake vigorously and serve in rocks glass with fresh mint garnish.
Editorial disclosure: Foodista received no compensation for this post.
- Classic Mint Julep Recipe for the Kentucky Derby
- 5 More Bourbon Cocktails For the Kentucky Derby
- 5 Modern Twists on the Kentucky Derby
- The Kentucky Thanksgiving Cocktail
- The Irish Julep
- The Ginger Julep ’68 Fastback Cocktail
- Kentucky Bourbon Balls are a Classic Derby Dessert
- Bourbon Glazed Ham for the Kentucky Derby
- I flew to Louisville, Kentucky for a Mint Julep?
- Two discoveries-Spicebox Rye Whisky and Whiskey Disks- By: Warren Bobrow-Cocktail Whisperer