Moms will find double chocolate monkey bread irresistible. Balls of dough are filled with chocolate chips and then coated with sugar and cocoa powder before being baked. This monkey bread will be devoured at your Mother's Day brunch.
Double Chocolate Monkey Bread
Recipe Courtesy of Pillsbury
2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations® refrigerated seamless dough sheet
1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon unsweetened baking cocoa
1/4 cup butter, melted
Powdered sugar, if desired
Unroll each can of dough into 1 large rectangle; if using crescent roll dough, press perforations to seal. Cut each rectangle into 8 rows by 3 rows, to make 24 pieces per rectangle (48 pieces of dough total).
Place about 8 chocolate chips in center of dough piece; shape dough into a ball around chocolate. Pinch dough to seal. Repeat with remaining dough and chocolate chips.
In small bowl, mix granulated sugar and cocoa. Roll dough balls in sugar mixture until coated. Place dough balls in cake pan. Sprinkle any remaining sugar mixture over dough. Pour melted butter on top.
Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until no longer doughy in center. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Run knife around edge of pan to loosen. Place heatproof serving plate over pan; carefully turn plate and pan over. Remove pan; immediately scrape any remaining topping from pan onto bread. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve warm.
- 5 Brunch Recipe to Bake for Mother's Day
- Mother's Day Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 3 Kid Friendly Recipes for Mother's Day
- Mother's Day Brunch: Whole Wheat Blueberry Banana Muffins
- Mother's Day Brunch: Paleo Friendly Coconut Flour Pancakes
- CakeLove in the Morning Will Guide You Through a Mother's Day Brunch
- 5 Most Decadent Gluten Free French Toast Recipes
- Top 5 Gluten Free Fruity French Toast Recipes
- Mother's Day Brunch Recipe: Crepes Suzette
- Mother's Day Brunch Recipe: Asparagus Ricotta Tartlets
- Banana Orange Muffin Bread
- A Stalk of Abalone Flower On Mother’s Day!
- Limpets, The Poor Man’s Abalone
- Eggs With Ham and Asparagus Casserole
- Tasty Flower Crab Soup
- Eggless Ginger & Mango Bread
- Monkey In The Middle
- Mexican Baked Eggs
- Pineapple Banana & Sour Cream Upside Down Loaf
- Chocolate chip cookies, easier that buying:-)