Learn to make your own marinara sauce with this recipe from Edible Sound Bites. There's nothing like finding a bunch of fresh tomatoes at the farmers' market or picking them yourself at a local farm. But, what should you do with all those tomatoes when you get home? The great thing about marinara sauce is it can be frozen to use later or you can show-off your culinary skills by jarring it and giving it to friends.
Homemade Marinara Sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 large yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 heaping tbsp tomato paste
- 2 1/2 cups fresh roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups clean low sodium tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Get the rest of this marinara sauce recipe here.
Want more from Foodista? Sign up below!