Pretzel buns have become quite popular and this gluten-free version is the perfect bed for your burger. Crunchy exterior, soft interior with a salty bite, homemade pretzel buns are simply out of this world.
Gluten-Free Pretzel Bun
Recipe by Beth Hillson on behalf of Glutino
1 ½ cup milk
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 cups Gluten-Free Pantry All-Purpose Mix
2 ½ tablespoons light brown sugar
1 (7 gram) packet or 2 ¼ teaspoons active dry yeast
2 large eggs plus 1 yolk
1/2 cup baking soda
Pretzel salt or coarse ground sea salt, for sprinkling
In the microwave, heat the milk and butter to 110 degrees F. Set aside.
Combine the flour mix, and brown sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer or in a mixing bowl. Add the yeast and blend.
Add the milk and butter mixture and the eggs and yolk to the flour blend. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes.
Line 2 baking sheets with parchment. Coat each with PAM vegetable spray. (This prevents the baked rolls from sticking to the paper.) Turn the dough out onto the parchment and knead until smooth. Divide into 12 equal pieces. Using your hands, roll each piece into a ball. Cover with oiled plastic wrap and let them rest in a warm place for 30 to 40 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. In a large pot, bring 8 cups water to a boil, and then add the baking soda. In batches, place the dough in the water and cook for 30 seconds on each side.
Using a slotted spatula, remove the rolls and place onto the prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle with pretzel salt as they come out of the water, to ensure the salt sticks. Use a sharp knife to cut an “X” shape in the top of each roll.
Bake 12 to 15 minutes, turning pans halfway through baking. Serve warm.
Reheat in a 350 degree oven for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Wheatless Wednesday: Best Ever Brownies
- Wheatless Wednesday: Fried Green Tomatoes
- 3 Sensational Gluten Free Soft Pretzel Recipes
- Wheatless Wednesday: Best Beef Stew Recipes
- Wheatless Wednesday: PF Chang's Copycat Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Wheatless Wednesday: 5 Must Try White Chili Recipes
- Wheatless Wednesday: Fabulous Fruit Crumbles
- Wheatless Wednesday: Sweet Potato Buttermilk Rolls
- Wheatless Wednesday: 3 Tantalizing Falafel Recipes
- Wheatless Wednesday: 4 Delicious Pumpkin Recipes
- Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
- Wild Rice Stuffing with Cranberries and Hazelnuts - Gluten Free & Dairy Free
- 5 Minute Gluten Free Wonder Buns
- Creamy Artichoke Dip with Dill
- Simple and Satisfying: Stuffed Peppers
- Baked Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Pudding
- Gluten Free Hamburger Buns
- Bread Machine Apple Breakfast Buns
- Light Clam Chowder (and product giveaway!)