In anticipation of the fourth annual Food & Wine All-Star Weekend in Las Vegas, we'll be sharing celebrity exclusive celebrity chef recipes only available to Foodista readers once a week from the iconic, culinary masters participating in the food festival taking place October 4-6 at ARIA Resort & Casino, Bellagio and MGM Grand (purchase tickets here).
This week’s recipe comes from the chef with the most Michelin stars in the World! Chef Joël Robuchon will prepare a special, six-course meal at his eponymous restaurant, Saturday October 5.
Joël Robuchon’s Pommes Puree (Mashed Potatoes)
Preparation: 15 Minutes
Cooking: 35 Minutes
2 pounds potatoes, preferably Yukon Gold, Yellow Finn, rates, or BF 15, scrubbed hub unpeeled.
2 cups whole milk
2 sticks butter, diced and kept well chilled until used
Put the potatoes in a saucepan with 2 quarts cold water and one tablespoon coarse salt. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook until a knife slips in and out of the potatoes easily and cleanly, about 25 minutes.
Drain the potatoes and peel them. Put them through a potato ricer (or a food mill fitted with its finest disk) into a large saucepan. Turn the heat under the saucepan to medium and dry the potato flesh out a bit by turning it vigorously with a spatula for about 5 minutes.
In the meantime, rinse a small saucepan, pour out the excess water, but do not wipe it dry. Add the milk and bring to a boil.
Turn the heat under the potatoes to low and incorporate the well-chilled butter bit by bit, stirring it in energetically for a smooth, creamy finish. Pour in the very hot milk in a this ring until all the milk has been absorbed. Turn off the heat and taste for salt and pepper.
For even lighter, finer potatoes, put them through a very fine sieve before serving.
- Savory Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Crispy Salt and Vinegar Smashed Potatoes and Other Unforgettable Potato Recipes
- 3 Must Try Garlic Mashed Potato Recipes
- A Twist on Classic Potato Salad
- Vegetarian Recipe: Sweet Potato Burger with Chipotle and Roasted Garlic
- 5 Best Gluten Free Sweet Potato Casserole Recipes
- 7 Suprising Foods You Can Make With Potato Chips
- Wheatless Wednesday: Sweet Potato Buttermilk Rolls
- St. Patrick's Day Recipe: Green Potato Salad
- Meatless Monday: 3 Gluten Free Super Sweet Potato Recipes
- Baked Stuffed Potatoes (Tandoori Potatoes)
- Potatoes (Paprikas Potatoes) Hungarian By Laszlo
- Gamja Jorim (Korean Glazed Potatoes)
- Sweet, Sweet, Sweet Potato Quiche With Bacon and Mushrooms
- Mexican Stuffed Potatoes
- Steak and Potato Stacks
- Cheesy Egg and Potato Pie
- Potatoes and Asparagus With Light Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
- Savory Rosemary Turkey Cutlets With Fingerling Potatoes and Zucchini
- Herby Fried Potatoes