Today is National Sangria Day and though winter may not seem the best time to drink this typically summer beverage, we say there's never an inappropriate season for a tasty cocktail! Especially one with the environment in mind. This sangria recipe comes from VeeV, the creators of the first carbon-neutral, acai super-fruit spirit. Launched by two brothers, Courtney and Carter Reum, in 2007, VeeV was created as a better alternative to vodka by using healthier and natural ingredients. The name of the company is derived from the French word "live" and it plays a critical role in the company's philosophy - to live consciously and always have fun. VeeV donates 1% of all sales to rainforest preservation. Now that's something to say cheers to!
Fruit Cup Sangria
1.5 oz. VeeV Acai Spirit
.5 oz. Licor 43
1 oz. pomegranate juice
1.5 oz. Cabernet Sauvignon
Sliced pear, strawberry and orange slices
Shake all ingredients well with ice and strain into a wine glass.
Garnish with slices of pear, strawberry and orange.
- National Margarita Day: Pomegranate Margarita
- Happy National Sangria Day!
- National Margarita Day: Prickly Pear Margarita
- Happy National Rum Day: Strawberry Mojito
- A Christmas Sangria for National Sangria Day!
- National Moscato Day: The Moscato Whippet Cocktail
- Thirsty Thursday: Sangria Poptails 5 Ways
- 5 Simple Sangria Recipes
- Celebrate National Vodka Day - Recipe Roundup!
- National Vodka Day! 3 Must Try Autumn Vodka Cocktails