Pepper Jack Cheese
Pepper jack cheese is a derivative of Monterey Jack cheese. Pepper jack cheese is semi-soft and open textured with a slightly tart flavor. It includes red and green peppers which makes it spicy in taste.
Pepper Jack Cheese is American cow's milk cheese that blends creamy, buttery flavor of jack cheese with the intense spice of peppers like Jalapenos. There are special varieties of Pepper Jack Cheese that are named after the peppers they contain like habanero jack and serrano jack.
Selecting and Buying
Preparation and Use
Cheese is best served at room temperature. Cut off the amount needed about an hour before serving and return remainder to the refrigerator.
Conserving and Storing
Cheese should be kept in its original package, covered tightly after opening, and placed in the coldest section of the refrigerator (under 40°F) to prevent drying out or becoming moldy.
- How Monterey Jack Cheese Is Made?
- How Is Marbled Colby Jack Cheese Made?
- Easy Gluten Free Pepper Jack Cheese Rolls
- 10 Must-Try Stuffed Pepper Recipes
- Mozzarella Sausage and Pepper Bake
- Cornish Pepper Cheese
- Garlic Pepper Chicken Parmesan
- Peppered Cheddar Dip
- Italian Garlic Pepper Bread
- Vegan Grilled Tomato, Basil & Pepper Jack Panini