Curried Cauliflower Soup with Roasted Tomatoes
2T Olive Oil
2 Medium White Onions, large dice
1½ Teaspoon Sea Salt
1 Large or 2 Small Heads of Cauliflower, (chopped into 5 cups of florets)
2T Red Thai Curry Paste
1 14.8oz Can Fire Roasted Tomatoes
5C Water or Vegetable Stock
1C Coconut Milk
1T Rice Vinegar (optional)
1. In a one gallon soup pot, heat oil over a low medium flame. Add onion and salt. Sweat until the onion softens to a buttery texture, about 7 min
2. Add the Cauliflower and Roasted Tomatoes, saute over medium flame for 5 min.
3. Add Curry Paste and saute until fragrant for about 1-3 min.
4. Add stock and raise heat to bring to a boil. Once boiling reduce heat to a simmer and allow to cook partially covered for 25 min.
5. Puree Soup in a blender with Coconut Milk until very smooth.
6. Return the soup to the pot, reheat, stir in Rice Vinegar, and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.