Japanese Style Shrimp Stir Fry Noodles
2 t brown sesame oil
1 t light sesame oil if needed for noodles
1/4 yellow onion, chopped small
1 baby carrot, shredded
3 leaves cabbage, sliced into 1 ½ inch strips
1/4 green Bell pepper, cut into 1 ½ inch strips
1/4 red Bell pepper, cut into 1 ½ inch strips
1/2 pound large shrimp,shelled, tails on
8 oz fresh or dried thin noodles
2 T Yakisoba Sauce
1 green onion, sliced diagonally (not to be cooked)
1-2 T baking soda
1 t sesame seeds
The Choices of Noodles:
Fresh Angel Hair Pasta Noodles:
1. In a suitable pot, add 2T of baking soda and start water boiling.
2. Add the angel hair pasta, cook for 30 seconds, drain, rinse, shake dry and lightly oil, then reserve in a warm oven with the plates.
Dried Angel Hair Pasta Noodles:
1.In a suitable pot, add 1T of baking soda and start water boiling.
2. Add the dried noodles, cook for about 3-4 minutes, drain, rinse, shake dry and lightly oil; then reserve in a warm oven with the plates.
Dried Ramen Noodles:
1. In a suitable pot, start water boiling and follow directions to cooking the ramen noodles. When cooked, shake dry and lightly oil; then reserve in a warm oven with the plates.
The Yakasoba: (Be careful to not overcook the ingredients; the vegetables should retain their color and the shrimp should remain tender.)
1. Heat the oil in a stir fry pan over medium high heat.
2. Add the shrimp and cook for about 2 1/2 minutes while stirring or until they are pink and no longer translucent. Remove shrimp and reserve in a warming oven at 175-200*F with the plates or bowls.
3. Add the yellow onion and saute while stirring for 1 minute.
4. Add the cabbage, green pepper and red pepper and saute while stirring for about 1 minute.
5. Add the cooked noodles and Yakisoba sauce and stir fry for about 2 minutes.
1. Place the cooked Yakisoba on two plates and top with the shrimp, carrots, green onions and sesame seeds.
2. Serve with low salt Soy Sauce or Tamari Sauce.
3. Hot or cold Sake is a perfect wine for this dish.
Wednesday, April 2, 2014 - 9:54am