Spicy Shrimp Sashimi At Home
1/2 c mayonnaise
1/8-1/4 tsp chili oil or to taste
1/8-1/4 Sriracha or to taste
1/2 tsp garlic chopped
1/8 tsp freshly grated ginger
1/2 prepared Wasabi or to taste. Can use powdered Wasabi.
1 lb finely chopped/minced Cooked Shrimp or any fresh fatty fish like Tuna or Salmon
1/2 cup Tenkasu deep fried balls
1. Combine first 6 ingredients
2. Add the mayonnaise preparation to the shrimp and gently toss
3. Leave at room temperature not more than 20 minutes or if desired it can be served cold.
4. Just prior to serving add the 1/2 cup Tenkasu so that the crispiness is there with every chopstick bite
5. Dip in soy sauce if desired; pickled ginger as well.
I also plated some of the Sashimi on crisp Romaine Lettuce leaves and topped that with slices of Avocado.
As well, while shopping at the Japanese Grocery store I saw vacuum packed Tempura which are ready to fry. I bought this on a lark to see the taste and when fried a la minute (to order) it was really tasty. Remember frying oil must be between 300-350 to get the crispiness quickly so that your Tempura does not soak up the oil
***I have a fear of tapeworm - an illogical fear. Before I make any uncooked fish at home whether for Sashimi or Sushi I freeze my fish overnight or longer. Then I defrost it and use it raw. The freezing kills the Parasites that cause tapeworm. I don't even trust my fishmonger - as I said it is an illogical fear.